A former nurse, Bethany has been a certified Bradley Method® instructor and practicing Bradley® birth doula since 2014. She trained with ProDoula in the fall of 2015, after becoming a certified child passenger safety technician (AKA: car seat tech) in the summer earlier that year.
Her journey began with the birth of her oldest son via cesarean section in 2011. When Bethany and her husband Travis found out they were expecting baby #2, she started to become fully immersed into all things ‘birth’. She and Travis took Bradley Method® classes together, they hired a doula, etc., and Bethany gave birth joyfully to a nearly eleven-pound baby boy via VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). It was with this birth that she had her placenta encapsulated, much to the displeasure of her husband. However, he quickly came around to the idea after seeing the benefits that Bethany experienced!
Bethany enjoys traveling, going to craft fairs and of course, spending time with her husband, two sons, and two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
Having completed a hands-on training and apprenticeship and as a former nurse, you can rest assured that your placenta will be handled with the utmost care, professionalism and respect.
Bethany’s Professional Affiliations Include:
– Licensed Practical Nurse
– Bradley Method® instructor through The Academy of Husband-Coached Childbirth
– Member of Denton County Birth Network
– Nationally certified Child Passenger Seat Technician (CPST) through Safe Kids Worldwide
– ProDoula Labor Doula
- CPR Adult/Child/Infant AHA Certified
– Texas Food Handler’s Safety Certificate
– Biologix Bloodborne Pathogen Certification for Placenta Encapsulation Specialists
Birth with Bethany, Highland Village, TX